Community Link Worker - Telford & Wrekin CVS
Location: Telford & Wrekin CVS, Telford Centre
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our busy team. If you are passionate about supporting unpaid family Carers, then this opportunity could be for you.
Salary: £22,894 per annum
36 hours per week: Permanent Contract
• Provide a single point of community-based solutions to people with adult social care needs;
• Increase the visibility of the voluntary and community sector to operational staff within multi agency settings;
• To work in a multiagency way across all TWCVS projects and Adult Social Care, Children & Families Services, Public Health, Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust, other VSCE teams, stakeholders and partners.
• Provide information, advice and assisted access to services for members of the community;
• Support people to access digital platforms for self-help and care;
• Providing an innovative and creative approach supporting people to live well closer to where they live;
• Increase the knowledge of wider colleagues about services available in the community.
For an application form, packs are available from from Karen Morrow, HR Officer, on (01952) 916036 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Thorogood, All Ages Carers Centre Manager, on 01952 916039 or by email: email@example.com
The successful candidate may be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and as the position requires the post holder to work with vulnerable adults, Telford & Wrekin CVS is entitled to ask exempted questions under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Exemptions Order 1975 and will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before any appointment can be confirmed.
Telford & Wrekin CVS complies completely with the DBS Code of Practice; a copy of the code is available on request. Any criminal record shown on a disclosure will not necessarily be a bar to employment, any matter revealed will be discussed with the applicant before any offer of employment is withdrawn.
Our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy is available on request. Information obtained from the DBS will not be used unfairly.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a questionnaire to assess any health and safety workplace needs through the Local Authority’s Occupational Health Service.
Closing Date: 3pm on Friday 20 May 2022