FAMILY CARERS RESILIENCE WORKER (18 hrs) - Telford & Wrekin CVS
Location: Telford & Wrekin CVS, Telford Centre
Post Title: Family Carers Resilience Worker
Responsible To: All Ages Carers Centre Manager
• To work in a multiagency way across all TWCVS projects and Adult Social Care, Children &
Families Services, Public Health, Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust, other VSCE teams,
stakeholders and partners
• Whole Family Approach - This post has been developed to enable flexible working across
a range of family scenarios which will include working with adults and / or parents and young
carers. The purpose is to ensure that the family carer is assisted and is effective for the family
in minimising the number of professionals involved and avoids unnecessary duplication.
• Reaching Carers - Ensuring Carers Service reaches a diverse range of family carers to
include those that may not recognise themselves as a ‘carer’. The provision of information,
advice and guidance is provided through registration of eligible carers under the Carers Act
2014 and Children & Families Act 2014 into the Carers Centre service
• Case work: All Age Support - To assist in providing emotional and practical support
(including on-line activities) to all age family carers from the age of 5 upwards. This post
mainly focuses on young carers and their parents, although on occasion will
assist family carers who are adults
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Youth Club - The post holder will be required to:
• Oversee the organisation of a weekly Youth Club
• Jointly work with other members of the team and young carers to assess activities
• Oversee the allocation of activities that are required and methods of providing support
appropriate to the carer
2. Carers Resilience & Family Casework (mainly youth) - The post holder will be
required to ensure that:
• Carer Resilience
o Provide on-going information, advice to gain the ‘Right help, at the right time’ for
Carers including assistive technology.
o The post-holder will be able to provide a person-centred approach, putting the
family carer at the heart of the solutions. The role is flexible joining up and
facilitating the carers family and other professionals involved to provide an
effective whole family approach.
• To Provide Key Outcomes - The solutions provided by the worker will be outcome
focused using Carers Assessment Outcomes in line with legislation, the
commissioned service and also the ‘Carers Star’ and ‘My Star.’ These tools are used
to evidence and measure the various aspects of a family carers life
• School Sessions - To continue our long-established connections with primary and
secondary school settings to include one to one drop-in sessions and general
awareness provision identifying and supporting young carers
• Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation –
o To produce reports of work undertaken as and when required to include regular
o Keep accurate records of work with carers including provision of information
o Contributing information for the Carers’ newsletters & website.
o To attend necessary strategic meetings which ensure the aims of service delivery
are met which may include representing the Carers Service Manager.
o To carry out other duties from time to time as appropriate.
The Carers Service operates a friendly, informal team. However, we aim to maintain the highest
standards of service and efficiency. Experience of working in a small team in a busy office
environment would, therefore, be an advantage. Support, supervision and training, where
necessary, will be provided.
A relevant professional qualification NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care, Youth Work
experience and / or enrolled on a Youth Course demonstrating commitment in working
towards Youth Work Practice.
Evidence of a solid general education is required together with GCSE A*-C / 9-4 or
equivalent in English Language and Maths along with keyboard skills and the ability to use
Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and an
understanding or knowledge of Access. Evidence of further education or training that would
support your application.
Extracts from Conditions of Service
• The post is for 18 hours per week. Consideration will be given to a job share.
• Permanent Contract
• Salary Scale: CVS E01
• Salary: £10,107 (FTE: £20,215 per annum).
• Expenses of travel will be reimbursed.
• Holiday entitlement - 4 working weeks plus public bank holidays as agreed and will not be
less than the statutory minimum entitlement.
• Superannuation – eligible employees will be auto-enrolled into the Pensions Trust pension
• The postholder will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
check. Where the post holder will work in contact with vulnerable adults and children, Telford
and Wrekin CVS is entitled to ask exempted questions under the provisions of the
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Exemptions Order 1975 and will require an Enhanced
Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before any appointment can be
confirmed. Telford and Wrekin CVS complies completely with the DBS Code of Practice; a
copy of the code is available on request. Any criminal record shown on a disclosure will not
necessarily be a bar to employment, any matter revealed will be discussed with the applicant
before any offer of employment is withdrawn. Our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy is
available on request. Information obtained from the DBS will not be used unfairly.
• The post holder will be required to complete a questionnaire to assess any health and
safety workplace needs through the Local Authority’s Occupational Health Service.
• Normal office hours are between 9.00 am - 5.00 pm: Monday to Friday. “Out of Hours” work
may occasionally be necessary. Time off in lieu can be arranged (overtime is not paid).
• The postholder will be based at either our main address or The Independent Living Centre,
Unit 3A, Hazeldine House, Telford Centre, TF3 4JL but will be required to work at any of our
premises from time to time, as well as out in the community.
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Thorogood, All Ages Carers Centre
Manager, on (01952) 916039 or email Laura.Thorogood@tandwcvs..org.uk
For an application pack, please contact Karen Morrow, HR Officer, on (01952) 916036 or email
Closing Date for Applications: 3pm on Friday 7 October 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 12 & Thursday 13 October 2022