Media Assistant - Telford & Wrekin CVS
Location: Telford & Wrekin CVS, Telford Centre
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our busy team. We are seeking someone with a flair for design, an inquisitive mind and an ability to report factual information in a variety of innovative ways. You will need to understand the work of TWCVS and create a multi-agency response to report the differences the team make.
Hours: 10 hours per week
Salary: £5,094 per annum (FTE: £18,341 per annum)
The Media Assistant must work confidently with professional colleagues from Education, Health, Social Care, and the voluntary and community sector:
• Reaching clients across TWCVS projects provide on-going information, advice and support to evidence that communities are accessing service provisions;
• Creatively provide artistic innovation in digital platforms with an awareness of the variety of audiences receiving the information;
• Flexibility is vital due to social media features which may be urgent and planned dependent on the daily news to be promoted and news streams. It is essential to collaborate with other agencies to avoid duplication and always ensure professional integrity;
• Working with Service Managers as a key lead in TWCVS promotion of funding and publicity raising opportunities to include 'Twincl' community lottery, WATCH alarms and 'Just Giving' type platforms;
• To assist Service Managers in the overseeing of event planning and administration of Telford & Wrekin CVS events. Types of tasks will include booking of organisational stands. attendees, creative activities and ensuring that the event is effectively organised for a successful day.
For an application form, packs are available from from Karen Morrow, HR Officer, on (01952) 916036 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Thorogood, Carers Service Manager, on 01952 916039 or by email: email@example.com
The successful candidate may be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and as the position requires the post holder to work with vulnerable adults, Telford & Wrekin CVS is entitled to ask exempted questions under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Exemptions Order 1975 and will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before any appointment can be confirmed.
Telford & Wrekin CVS complies completely with the DBS Code of Practice; a copy of the code is available on request. Any criminal record shown on a disclosure will not necessarily be a bar to employment, any matter revealed will be discussed with the applicant before any offer of employment is withdrawn.
Our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy is available on request. Information obtained from the DBS will not be used unfairly.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a questionnaire to assess any health and safety workplace needs through the Local Authority’s Occupational Health Service.
Closing Date: 3pm on Friday 20 May 2022