Telford Autism Hub (Adults) Senior Manager - Telford & Wrekin CVS
Location: Telford Autism Hub, Telford Centre
It is important that the postholder is able to exercise initiative, work conscientiously and
respect the confidentiality of information relating to clients and staff.
The Senior Manager must deal confidently with professional colleagues in Health, Social
Care and the voluntary and community sector.
• To support the team to work with people over the age of 16 and their families.
• To facilitate and develop links to statutory and voluntary agencies for the benefit of
people over the age of 16, their parents/carers and our service.
• To support and deliver the day-to-day operational delivery of the service provision
• To work closely with other Senior Managers
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To promote the service and ensure it is accessible to people living in the Borough of
Telford & Wrekin as follows:
• Provide service users with high quality, impartial and accessible information, advice
and support that are appropriate to their needs, extend their knowledge and
maximises their involvement in decision making.
• Recruitment, support and supervision of the staff team and volunteers
• Collation of data, maintaining records and reporting to local and national funders.
• Facilitating service steering groups ensuring they are client lead, challenge
operational delivery and steer the service
• Using data to identify gaps in service provision
• Present TWCVS services to a wide audience including market street events, on
digital platforms and face to face
• Ensure case studies and evaluations are carried out regularly collecting and
analysing customer satisfaction
• To work closely with the Senior Manager and team in the Children’s autism hub,
working seamlessly to aid transition from children to adult services.
• Development and maintenance of filing systems
• To set and monitor a budget including responsibility of income and expenditure in line
with the organisations finance controls
• To identify and bid for funding opportunities
• To carry out other duties from time to time as appropriate
Qualifications / Experience
Evidence of a solid general education is required together with GCSE A*-C /
9-4 or equivalent including English and Mathematics along with good
keyboard skills and advance knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office
applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and an
understanding or knowledge of Access is critical.
Telford and Wrekin CVS operates a friendly, informal team. However, we aim
to maintain the highest standards of service and efficiency. Experience of
working in a small team in a busy office environment would, therefore, be an
Support, supervision and training, where necessary, will be provided.
Hours of Work: Normal office hours:
Monday – Thursday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Friday: 9.00am – 4.30pm
“Out of Hours” work may be necessary.
Flexible working pattern with at least one day per week
working from home
Time off in lieu can be arranged (overtime is not paid).
Place of Work: 12 & 15 Hazledine House,
You will be required to work at any of our premises from time to time, as well as out in the community
For an informal discussion contact Debbie
Gibbon, CEO, on (01952) 262066 or by
For an application pack, please contact
Karen Morrow, HR Officer, on (01952)
916036 or email