Young Carers Support Worker - Telford & Wrekin CVS
Hours: 36 hours
Location: Telford & Wrekin CVS, Telford Centre
The purpose of the role is to ensure that young carers are supported with their:
• Caring role
• Emotional and wellbeing support
• Has access to time away from their caring role
Multiagency Approach – A partnership approach is taken to find solutions for our young
carers. We connect with wider TWCVS projects and Adult Social Care, Children &
Families Services, Public Health, Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust, other VSCE
teams, stakeholders and partners.
Case work providing holistic support to wider networks for young carers
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Youth Club - The post holder will deliver fun creative activities required for Telford
Young Carers Youth Club and outdoor activities.
2. Young carers case work - The post holder will be required to work with young
carers to build resilience in the following ways: -
• provide a person-centred approach, putting the young carer at the heart of
their case-work solutions in an office setting / community hub (including
• involve other professionals when appropriate to provide an effective whole
• provide one-one drop-in sessions and general awareness in schools
identifying and supporting young carers.
• Using outcome focused tools (training provided) to evidence and measure
the various aspects of a young carers life.
3. Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation –
• To produce reports of work undertaken
• Keep accurate records of work with young carers
• Contributing information for the Carers’ newsletters & website.
• To attend necessary meetings and community events to raise the
awareness of the Telford & Wrekin CVS Carers Centre.
• To carry out other duties from time to time as appropriate.
The Carers Centre operates a friendly, informal team. However, we aim to maintain the
highest standards of service and efficiency. Experience of working in a small team in a
busy office environment would, therefore, be an advantage.
Support, supervision and training, where necessary, will be provided.
Qualifications / Experience
Evidence of a solid general education is required together with GCSE A*-C / 9-4 or
equivalent including English and Mathematics. Developed keyboard skills and the ability
to use Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and an
understanding or knowledge of Access are also essential.
A relevant professional qualification NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care, Youth Work
experience and/or enrolled/or willing to undertake a Youth Course demonstrating
commitment in working towards Youth Work Practice.
Evidence of further education or training that would support your application.
Hours of Work: Normal office hours:
Monday – Thursday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Friday: 9.00am – 4.30pm
“Out of Hours” work may be necessary.
Time off in lieu can be arranged (overtime is not paid).
Place of Work: 12 & 15 Hazledine House,
You will be required to work at any of our premises from
time to time, as well as out in the community
For an application pack, please contact Karen
Morrow, HR Officer, on (01952) 916036 or email