Help Make Positive Adjustments to Your Lifestyle
Was cutting back on your meat intake or being more active one of your New Year's resolutions? Fallen off the wagon already? You're not alone. Despite best intentions, it's thought that by 14th January, most of us will have already given up on our healthy habits - this is officially known as Quitter's Day. But with Quitter's Day officially behind us, it's not too late to make positive adjustments to your lifestyle!Holland & Barrett currently have unmissable offers running all month across an extensive range of plant-based alternatives, expertly formulated vitamins and supplements, and sports nutrition products to help you achieve your personal fitness and wellness goals. If eating less animal products was one of your goals, H&B have made it easier than ever to enjoy a delicious and varied plant-based diet with buy 1 get 1 half price across the range this January. Explore the brands you love and discover new ones, plus, get free personalised advice from qualified advisors in-store & online, to help find the products you need to help make going plant-based or Flexitarian that little bit easier this new year. If you are considering introducing more plant-based food into your diet, there are a few staples we recommend adding to your shopping list:
- Good sources of protein. Beans, lentils, soy products (such as tofu), nuts and seeds are all brilliant vegan sources of protein and nutrient-rich ingredients for vegan meals.
- Vegan supplements. Although there are many tasty ingredients available to make a vegan diet nutritious and diverse, some nutrients are less prevalent in plant-based foods, such as B12, omega-3, zinc, iron and iodine, therefore in some cases, taking a vegan supplement can ensure you’re getting enough of essential nutrient.
- Yeast flakes. Add cheesy, umami flavour to any dishes where you’d normally grate on some cheese or parmesan. This versatile ingredient is commonly used in vegan cooking to provide a rare non-animal form of vitamin B12.
- Plant-based dairy alternatives. It goes without saying that dairy products are called for in many recipes. Luckily you won’t have to miss out and you can get straight swaps for pretty much any dairy item you think you are missing! From single cream to authentically ooey-gooey camembert, the possibilities are endless.
- Beauty Essentials. This may seem like a no brainer but unfortunately you might be surprised at just how common animal products are in skincare and makeup. Lucky for you, at Holland & Barrett, vegan beauty is our speciality! If you’re not sure where to start, our experts are on-hand with free advice to help you find the products you need to help make going plant-based that little bit easier this new year.